The Department of Social Ministries serves the Diocese by inspiring and equipping church members to be faithful stewards of their God-given gifts of time, talent, and treasure to:
· Love their neighbor as Jesus first loved us (John 15:12).
· Make Christian disciples of all people (Matthew 28:19-20).
Our goal is to help your congregation (a) reach out to meet the emotional and physical needs of your marginalized neighbors and (b) then to bring them into your church family so you can make them disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Who are the unchurched living in your comunity? What are their needs? How can your congregation meet those needs in a practical way?
- We will help you (a) show your neighbors the love of Christ in a practical way, (b) develop relationships with them, and then (c) point them to Christ to be saved!
View the most recent Social Ministries report to Diocesan Council: August 30, 2018
Social Ministries are Christ-centered activities in areas such as, but not limited to:
- First Responders
- Hospital Chaplaincy
- Ministry to the Aging
- Ministry with the Military
- Prison Ministry
- Racial Reconciliation