“For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich.” – 2 Corinthians 8.9
Hi! I’m Michael Ridgill, team leader for Stewardship within the Anglican Diocese of South Carolina. Bishop Lawrence has tasked me to form a team of experts from around the diocese to provide and equip you with resources to:
- Biblically approach issues of money and debt management
- Understand the freedom of living according to the biblical tithe
- Implement Planned Giving (Estate Planning, Life Insurance, Stock transfers)
- Recognize Demographic and Technological Changes that influence Stewardship today and trends in the future
- Help you and your parish with any concerns and needs surrounding stewardship of resources to strengthen our witness of the gospel of Jesus Christ in your community, our diocese and in the world.
There is more to come, but for now feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 803.305.8780.
Why I Tithe; The Wedding Dress
I began tithing sometime after college, when I began my first job. Despite being a young believer, I understood that tithing was a way to show God how much I trusted Him to provide for me. Then a speaker came to St. Philip’s in the mid-1980s, whose message greatly impacted my thinking about giving. I was challenged not only to tithe, but to see everything I had as God’s and to realize what a blessing it would be to give ...